Guard Dog® ADA Cable Protectors
1 to 5 Channel Options & 3 Colors - ADA Wheelchair Accessible
Guard Dog® ADA Cable Protectors Features
- 1 to 5 Channel Options
- Max Load Capacity: up to 68,000 Lbs/axle)
- Low profile - Only 1.25" height
- Fully ADA compliant
- Made from durable polyurethane
- Reduces possibility of accidental damage to cable/hose lines
- Provides smooth & safe Crossings over cables for wheelchairs & disabled pedestrians
- 5-bar tread plate provides excellent traction to help minimize accidental slipping or falls
- “Dog Bone” connectors allow you to interlock multiple cable protectors for unlimited length
- Top-side entry for fast and easy cable placement & accessibility
- Modular interlocking design is easy to setup, breakdown, store and transport
- Safety warning symbols molded onto lid as an added precaution
- Available in universal safety colors for high visibility
- Meets NEC article 525 requirements
The low profile ADA guard dog cable protectors can be availed in two options for improved accessibility. Low profile ADA guard dog cable covers come with side ramps, allowing anybody, regardless of whether in a wheel chair or on foot, to safely cross cabling while the standard low profile ramps are a moderate and simple solution for high pedestrian traffic areas.
DISCLAIMER: PRODUCTS ARE MADE TO ORDER. MANUFACTURING LEAD TIME MAY APPLY. PLEASE CALL TO CONFIRM STOCK OR DELIVERY TIME WINDOW.
Have you ever experienced tripping over some loose cords and cables indoors or outdoors? Do your cables get damaged because of vehicle and pedestrian traffic? Are you tired of trying to organize and bundle huge amounts of cables into place? These problems should be the least of the things that people get stressed with. CableTiesAndMore introduces the Guard Dog Low Profile Cable Protectors with ADA Ramps that provide an effective and easier solution to cable management.
ADA Ramp Guard Dog Cable Protector
The American Disability Act of 1990 prohibits discrimination against disabled individuals in public parks, schools, government buildings, etc. Exposed cables, cords and hoses, especially in public areas, can create a significant tripping and safety hazard for people on foot and disabled individuals on wheelchairs. Utilizing ADA guard dog cable protectors can extend the life of your precious cords and cables while ensuring safety and security for pedestrian traffic.
The ADA guard dog cable covers comply with the safety requirements of NEC, OSHA, RoHS, REACH and MUTCD. The cable protectors are made with durable and high-quality material which is treated with UV stabilization and temperature resistant technology, making these products a one-time investment.
Features of ADA Guard Dog Cord Covers
- The low profile cable cover is manufactured using high-quality, durable polyurethane material which is non-biodegradable. The products are also temperature resistant – they remain unaffected even under extreme temperatures.
- The outside diameter measuring 0.75” protects the hoses, lines and cables from the inside and the outside.
- The cord and cable ramps are just 1.25" high which provides low profile protection and does not obstruct pedestrian activity or vehicles.
- ADA guard dog cord covers are available in standard slopes or ADA compliant ramps which provide easy access to disabled or handicapped individuals.
Other features of ADA guard dog cord covers include:
- Safety caution signs can be mounted on the lid to highlight tripping hazards or dangerous cables. This helps pedestrians identify hazardous zones.
- In compliance with ADA requirements, symbols are molded into every ramp to ensure that the products meet the required standards for handicapped people.
- 5-bar tread plate surface provides a safe surface for crossing.
Essential Features and Capacity
- Solid pivoted cover for easily inserting or removing cables.
- These cable protectors have a high load limit of 36,000 lb. per tire or 72,000 lb. per axle.
- Can be availed with top quality dog-bone connectors.
- Solid Polyurethane manufacturing fulfills all federal safety requirements.
- Interlocking modular plan makes setup, breakdown, storage and transportation easier. ADA dog guard cord covers can be easily installed by a single person.
- The ADA product range meets NEC article 525 safety requirements.
- The ADA product range meets all requirements set by the Americans with Disabilities Act for increasing the quality of life for disabled individuals.
- The ADA guard dog cable covers can secure cables and hoses up to 0.75″ outside diameter.
- Cable covers can be extended with other ADA/DDA Accessibility Ramps.
- The ADA product range has a licensed 5-bar tread surface for increased safety and security of pedestrian and vehicular traffic.
The ADA guard dog cable covers are used in areas that receive low vehicle traffic and high foot traffic. The different application areas include:
- Indoor and outdoor industrial areas
- Convention centers
- Government and administrative buildings
- Construction sites
- Race tracks
- Exhibition halls
- Roads and highways
- Fairs and amusement parks
- Music studios, dance halls and performance centers
- Outdoor sports events
Instructions for Placement
- ADA guard dog cable covers are not provided with end caps. Hence they should be secured with separate connecting ends.
- Insert one cable at a time in the channels. Do not overload the channels with more than the recommended number of cables.
- After inserting all cables, secure the lid with grip tape.
Are we missing the specification you need? Please go to our Contact Us page and submit your question to us, or call 1-877-284-7760
Looking for a quotation ? We would be happy to help by providing a quick response, inventory status, and Volume Level pricing, when available. Please fill out the form below and a representative will be in touch with you within hours to one business day to answer any questions and quote your request.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question that is not answered here? Please go to our Contact Us page and submit your question to us.