Guard Dog Cable Protectors (Dog Bone Connectors)
Guard dog cord covers are used in areas that receive high pedestrian and vehicle traffic. The heavy duty guard dog cable protector not only secures bare cables and hoses, but also provides safe crossing to pedestrians and vehicles. It can be used as a permanent solution for securing conduits, cables, hose lines, cords and pipes. Guard dog cable covers can greatly reduce tripping hazards which makes them perfect for industrial, commercial and public applications such as factories, offices, carnivals, amusement parks, fairs, sports events and all types of outdoor mass gatherings.
Features of Guard Dog Cord Covers
At Crowd Safety Products, we offer three types of guard dog cord covers. These are divided into two categories, depending on the need and use. The low load capacity guard dog covers are suitable for areas with high pedestrian traffic. The high load capacity covers are used in areas with heavy duty vehicular traffic. The features of guard dog cord covers include:
- The heavy duty guard dog cable protector has a modular design with T-connectors. It can be attached with other guard dog cord covers for extended use.
- The stay-open lid allows easy insertion and movement of cables and hoses. However, it is important to secure the lid with grip tape after inserting the cables and hoses.
- Guard dog cable covers have a load capacity of 21,000 lbs per axle.
- The guard dog cord covers comply with universal safety standards and MUTCD-defined safety colors. This helps increase the visibility of these products– for example, they can be viewed from a distance of 250-feet on a straight road.
- During the manufacturing process of guard dog cable covers, the ADA-compliant symbols are molded on the inner side of lids.
- The non-conductive manufacturing material eradicates any chances of electric shock or other such accidents when the lid is closed.
- Upper surface of the lid has a 5-bar tread design that restricts liquids and solvents from accumulating over the surface. This reduces the chances of tripping, slipping or skidding.
- ADA guard dog cable covers are in compliance with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Its unique design allows one-person installation that does not require specialized tools.
- All guard dog cable protectors are tested for compliance with 1996 NEC requirements (article 525).
Areas of Application and Use
Guard dog cord covers are used for a variety of indoor and outdoor applications, including the following:
- Sports events
- Race tracks
- Exhibition halls
- Construction sites
- Indoor construction or industrial site
- Outdoor industrial plants
- Performance centers
- Dance halls and music studios
- Roads and highways
Benefits of Using Guard Dog Cable Covers
Guard dog cord covers are ideal for protecting valuable cables, hoses, wires, etc and creating a safe crossing for pedestrian and vehicle traffic. The lid can be easily opened or closed for inserting or removing cables, cords, or hoses. Offering unparalleled weather and abrasion resistance, the polyurethane manufacturing material is non-biodegradable in nature. Advanced technology UV stabilization and temperature treatment provides these products added durability. This can increase their overall life and reduce chances of fires and other such incidents due to extreme hot or cold temperatures.
The safety guidelines of OSHA, RoHS, REACH, and NEC are strictly followed during the manufacturing process. All guard dog cord covers are manufactured in the US to ensure superior quality.
Essentials to Remember during Installation
- Close the lid and secure it with grip tape.
- Put the female side on top of the male side and press the cables down near the connectors.
- Sensitive cables should always be put closer to the hinge side.