ADA Truncated Domes Paver
Designed To Alert The Visually Impaired Of Upcoming Sidewalk Ending
ADA Truncated Domes Paver Features
- Raised Domes Easily Detected By Walking Canes
- Available in Four (4) Sizes
- Safety Yellow & Three Color Options
- Flexible Construction Forms to Fit Dips, Slopes & Inclines In Sidewalks & Walkways.
- Installs Quickly & Easily Using Adhesive & Anchors (Included).
- Better Slip Resistance Than Composites.
- Better Impact Resistance Than Composites.
- VIRTUALLY UNBREAKABLE.
ADA Truncated Domes Pavers are designed for the visually impaired to feel the raised, truncated domes with their feet. This, in combination with the tapping cane, can alert them to a different surface than the surrounding concrete sidewalk and an upcoming intersection.
Title 49 CFR TRANSPORTATION, Part 37.9 STANDARDS FOR ACCESSIBLE TRANSPORTATION FACILITIES, Appendix A, Section 4.29.2 DETECTABLE WARNINGS ON WALKING SURFACES
ADA Truncated Dome Pavers
Adhesive & Anchors (Included).
Urethane Detectable Warning Pavers which help in detecting and defining boundaries between the street and the sidewalk. These essentially function as a stop sign for alerting disabled, partially blind and blind pedestrians of upcoming hazards in their path.
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) progressed toward becoming law in 1990. The ADA is a civil rights law that restricts the victimization of handicapped people or those with certain disabilities irrespective of gender, age, race, religion or social status. Specifically, the ADA code requires warning pavers to be placed in areas such as hazardous vehicular areas, reflecting pools, stairs and near doors to hazardous areas. These are specially designed with truncated domes which are a more detectable surface compared to grooves and other such designs as they are similar to pavement joints, cracks, and textures.
ADA Safety Equipment
Our ADA safety equipment complies with the regulations issued by the Americans with Disabilities Act. Along with this, we also guide our valued customers on other ADA requirements for ensuring the safety and security of partially sighted and blind pedestrians. The features of our ADA compliant warning pavers are as follows:
- Flexible construction allows for these ADA sidewalk pavers to be placed on different surfaces such as inclines, slopes or dips in walkways and sidewalks.
- Raised and truncated domes can serve to warn partially sighted and blind pedestrians to upcoming intersections or hazards inducing different surfaces. In addition, truncated domes are unique and therefore the most easily detectable surface.
- Enhanced slip resistance rating and long-lasting option which meets the five-year minimum requirement set by ADA.
- Truncated domes are hard enough to provide noticeable detection with the help of a cane.
- Detectable warning pavers are available in a variety of colors such as safety red, brick red, black and yellow. These light and dark colors ensure that partially blind people or those with severe visual impairment can easily distinguish between adjoining surfaces.
- Available in different sizes measuring 2’ x 2’, 2’ x 3’, 2’ x 4’ or 2’ x 5’ to suit different needs and a variety of application areas.
- Impact-resistant and can withstand increased wear and tear associated with high traffic zones and parking lots.
- Quick and easy installation with anchors and adhesives
- This ADA safety equipment is 100% unbreakable.
- To ensure a perfect fit, the Ultra-ADA Pads can be cut using a power saw.
Areas of Application
In accordance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA), our Ultra-ADA Pads are essential safety equipment that can provide detectable warnings on different walking surfaces. These include:
- Boarding platforms in transit facilities
- Near doors to hazardous areas
- Reflecting pools
- Parking lots
- Hazardous vehicular areas
- Boundaries between the street and the sidewalk, etc.
Instructions for Installation
The following are important guidelines for installing our ADA safety equipment:
- Ultra-ADA Pads should be placed 24 inches in the direction of travel and should extend the full distance of the flush surface or curb ramp.
- Ultra-ADA Pads should only be installed in temperatures ranging between 40° F to 100° F and 4 °C to 38 °C.
- These should only be placed or installed in dry areas
- It is important to remove dirt, oil, grease and other such contaminants from the area of application as they can interfere with the sealing process.
- Adhesive should be applied in a cross pattern on the back of these ADA safety products after every 3 inches.
- The anchors should be installed in the recessed domes – plastic anchors should be secured with metal nails.
Are we missing the specification you need? Please go to our Contact Us page and submit your question to us, or call 1-877-284-7760
Looking for a quotation ? We would be happy to help by providing a quick response, inventory status, and Volume Level pricing, when available. Please fill out the form below and a representative will be in touch with you within hours to one business day to answer any questions and quote your request.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question that is not answered here? Please go to our Contact Us page and submit your question to us.